Marketplace Vendor Info
The Holiday Home Tour & Marketplace attracts more than a thousand people from Ventura and Los Angeles Counties each year to explore the unique beautiful homes of Ojai. The event also includes an immensely successful Holiday Marketplace open to the community, a one-stop location for holiday gifts.
This year, the Ojai Festival Women’s Committee re-imagines this beloved annual fundraiser online. We will invite our loyal base and extend our reach via social media to shop at their favorite vendors and new sellers at our online marketplace.
The Women’s Committee is committed to support the Ojai Music Festival’s BRAVO education and community program that brings free music workshops to public school children in the Ojai Valley. One of the significant ways to ensure music continues in the schools is to present the annual Holiday Marketplace despite the challenging times that COVID-19 has caused in our communities.
We invite you to participate in our virtual marketplace!
What is the participation fee?
There are three levels of participation:
- $100 General Participation: This gives each vendor a spot on the dedicated Marketplace website page with a photo (300×300 pixels), description of your business, and a direct link to your website.
- $250 Premier Participation: You will receive top-featured billing on the Marketplace website page. This includes a larger image and inclusion on the carousel slideshow.
- Or any amount you can afford given these difficult times: We deeply appreciate your support at any amount to participate, recognizing the difficulties your business may be going through at this time.
How are you doing to encourage shoppers to visit the marketplace website?
The majority of our promotional efforts will be directed on social media. We have enlisted a savvy social media coordinator to create a robust social media campaign that will use both organic and paid posts. These daily and weekly posts that will continue for six weeks (end date December 21) will target our 3000+ Holiday Home Tour & Marketplace patron base, plus we will be able to engage with a larger market by doing deliberate geo-demographic targeting.
In addition, on our virtual Holiday Home Tour video will promote the online Marketplace, and we will continue to use e-mail campaigns and printed brochure mailing to our patron base and free publicity through media outlets.
How will the online Marketplace work?
We will launch Holiday Marketplace with the premiere of the virtual Holiday Home Tour video on November 21. Customers will link to the Marketplace web page to shop on your website.
I haven’t had much success with virtual marketplaces. Why will yours be different?
The Ojai Festival Women’s Committee has a loyal and “built-in” patron base who have been supporting this significant fundraiser for 24 years. They will be eager to continue their participation as they value the wonderful music programs for the public schools; proceeds will ensure that – even during these difficult times – that music is provided to school children in the Ojai Valley at no charge.
By the numbers:
- The Holiday Home Tour attracts close to 1,300 households
- Holiday Marketplace average spending is $85/household