Patron Services and Digital Marketing
The full-time position supports the work to enhance and engage the Ojai Music Festival’s (OMF) patron relationships, including series subscribers, individual ticket buyers and donors. The responsibilities encompass all ticket-related functions while simultaneously providing exemplary service to patrons. Digital marketing responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the OMF website, social media and email communications. This position is expected to participate in the OMF’s strategic initiatives and strongly represent OMF’s core values and community presence.
• Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Box Office
o Provide outstanding customer service to create a noteworthy Festival experience for patrons
o Serve as main point person in selling tickets for the Festival and any special events
o In charge of the on-line box office and ticketing database, including data entry and data analysis
o Ensure proper delivery of tickets
o Manage all patron communications including ticket thank you letters and ticket mailings
o Perform all ticket reporting and sales analysis
o Maintain and update box office policies and manual as needed
o Responsible for artists’ comps (complimentary tickets) and other comp requests
o Manage the OMF box office before, during, and after the Festival; ensure all box office staff members (box office assistant, interns, volunteers) are properly trained to operate the ticket system and are familiar with the policies and procedures governing ticket transactions.
o Responsible for effectively accommodating patrons in any disputes over ticket issues such as exchanges or refunds with a goal of coming to an equitable and satisfactory arrangement
o Work with Festival accounting/bookkeeper on all box office finances and reconciliation with financial data
• Patron Communications
o Responsible for content and management of social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
o Responsible for website content and maintenance under the direction of the COO
o In charge of social media reports and analysis
o Serves as primary copywriter/proofreader for blog posts and e-news
o Develops database pulls and queries for marketing communications and analysis
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
o Assist with print and materials layout/design
o As appropriate, provides guidance and support to other OMF functions
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills – must be able to effectively manage a variety of different personality types
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills; ability to present oneself in a professional manner both in writing and on the telephone
• Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Intermediate MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of email marketing platforms; proficiency in the use of WordPress a plus
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills; demonstrates creativity and innovation, identifies and solves problems effectively, and executes sound judgment and decision-making in position responsibilities
• Embodies the values of the Ojai Festival; supports the intellectual & creative initiatives fostered by this organization
• Strong team spirit; able to energize and focus others
• Diligent, well organized, and flexible; able to handle unexpected challenges effectively and in a positive manner
• Expected to work limited nights and weekends including, but not limited to, the annual Music Festival weekend (2nd weekend of June), the Holiday Home Tour & Marketplace (weekend before Thanksgiving), and multiple fundraising event(s).
• Ability to be on one’s feet for several hours at a time during events; able to lift/move boxes and/or other items weighing 20 pounds.
• BA (communications and marketing preferred)
• Interest in classical and contemporary music, or other non-profit arts.
• Three to five years of experience in box office, customer service, marketing preferred
• Experience with ticketing/box office database. Knowledge of Salesforce platform, a plus
• Excellent at multitasking and setting priorities
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with multiple constituencies
• Takes initiative when given an assignment
• Requires little supervision over many routine assignments
• Models high standards
• Self-directed with assignments and tasks
• High attention to detail
• Positive, team-oriented attitude
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet the physical and work environment demands of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to high.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing organizational objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking to hire by August 15, 2018