The Stewardship Manager reports to the Director of Philanthropy to provide support for all aspects of the organization’s fundraising efforts, and manage the areas of patron engagement, database management, annual fund campaign, and communications, and special events. The Stewardship Manager will be part of a two-person department in a small but ambitious seven-person office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage Annual Fund campaign: Helps administer all aspects of annual giving of donors through direct mail, email, and online campaigns; appeal segmentation donor acknowledgement and stewardship; donor recognition and retention, as well as prospecting for new donors; ensure prompt acknowledgement of gifts in coordination with the Director of Philanthropy
- Fundraising Communications: Work with Director of Philanthropy to create and maintain a steady stream of ideas and materials for the Festival website, e-news, success stories, donor profiles.
- Patron Manager Database: Manage and oversee systems and procedures. Manage software contract. Enters and acknowledges gifts. Accountable for ensuring high quality data capture; financial reporting, analysis, and reconciliation; running and developing standard and custom reports; record-keeping on donor giving and relationship history; creating and maintaining mailing lists and patron segmentation; prospect research, and ongoing maintenance of patrons’ records.
- Special event assistance: Coordinate donor-related events and other special events during the Festival season and throughout the year
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- BA degree (liberal arts or business preferred)
- Three to five years of experience in nonprofit development/fundraising
- Experience working with and managing fundraising databases (Patron Manager preferred)
- Proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office, including strong understanding of Word and Excel
- Experience with email marketing and other e-communication services
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with basic graphic design; understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, stand, walk for long periods of time, reach with hands and arms, climb, kneel, and balance
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
- Demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Diligent, well organized, flexible, and able to adapt to unexpected challenges effectively
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making
- Excellent at multi-tasking and setting priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with multiple constituencies
- Requires little supervision over many routine assignments
- A strong interest in classical music or performing arts is a plus
- High attention to detail
- Able to work some late nights and weekends
- Adaptable to a high paced office environment with many last minute adjustments
- Embodies the values of the Festival
- A sense of humor!
Supervisor: Director of Philanthropy
Work closely with Artistic & Executive Director; Finance Manager; and Patron Services team
Part-time position with flexible work schedule. Salary range commensurate with relative experience.
To Apply: send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] | PO Box 185, Ojai, CA 93024
*Please no phone inquiries*
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Ojai Music Festival, please call 805 646 2094 or email us at [email protected]